Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Shakira

In my tenure as an intern with the City of Phoenix’s Government Relations department I have been able to see a lot of very interesting behind-the-scenes action as well as meet multiple U.S. Congressmen, State Senators and Congressmen, Phoenix City Council members as well as various high-level State officials.

Yet it is with great and profound sadness that I did not get to meet Shakira last Thursday during her visit with Mayor Gordon. Even though my office is only one floor above the Mayor I was not in the office on Thu. I’m sure it would have been a great experience but alas I just couldn’t be in the right place at the right time!

Anyone else get to meet or see her?

1 comment:

  1. That is a bummer to hear. I mean who would not want to meet Shakira. It must be a crazy time around the office for you especially with the passing of this bill. How has the atmosphere in the workplace changed since the passing of the immigration bill?

    ReplyDelete